Finlexia is a globally recognized Turkish Accounting Firm with a long record of excellence and professional leadership in Istanbul, Turkey. Our company formation team members are prepared to handle your Free Trade Zone Company Formation in Turkey. Our Turkish Company Formation Team is also experienced in liaison office formation, branch office formation, free trade zone company formation, joint stock company, joint venture formation, limited liability company formation, holding company formation, and company management and governance.
Free Trade Zone Company Formation in Turkey
A Turkish Free Trade Zone is a specially designed production site that aims at increasing export-oriented investment and production in Turkey, accelerating the entry of foreign capital and technology into Turkey, enhancing productivity and economies of scale, and increasing the utilization of external financial sources and trade opportunities. Although a Free Trade Zone is within the boundaries of the Republic of Turkey, it is treated as if it were a territory abroad. National regulations relating to foreign trade, financial and economic areas are partially applicable to Free Trade Zones. There are 20 Free Trade Zones in Turkey and their annual trade volume amounted to more than $ 23 billion in the year 2005.
Turkish Free Trade Zone Company Formation Services
We maintain the unsurpassed practice in counseling and representing large and small companies and boards of directors regarding company formation in a Turkish Free Trade Zone and governance matters. We advise our clients on all matters concerning the formation of new entities from corporate formalities to tax issues.
We regularly advise clients with respect to the formation of companies. Our services with respect to company formation include advising and drafting documents in connection with the formation of corporations, limited liability companies, and Turkish liaison and branch offices. We provide targeted advice with respect to both the choice of entity and Turkish laws under the entity is to be organized.
Our clients range from small private companies with no internal legal staff to large companies with their own internal compliance teams. For each of our clients, we tailor our approach to that client’s unique requirements.
Free Trade Zone Company Tax Incentives
- Production companies in one of the Turkish Free Trade Zones are exempt from both corporate and income taxes
- Goods imported from abroad are exempt from customs duty. In addition, there are no restrictions on the age/model of machinery to be imported from abroad, and these items are exempt from both VAT and customs duty
- Goods purchased in Turkey by companies located in a Free Trade Zone are exempt from VAT
- Companies based in a Free Trade Zone can keep their products in a designated duty-free storage area for an indefinite period of time and they can export the products in lots at any time (at the time of export, a customs duty for the lots is paid)
- Energy, water, and telephone utilities supplied within a zone are all exempt from special consumption tax (OTV) and VAT
- 100% exemption from customs duties and other assorted duties.
- 100% exemption from corporate income tax for manufacturing companies.
- 100% exemption from value-added tax (VAT) and special consumption tax.
- 100% exemption from stamp duty for applicable documents.
- 100% exemption from the real estate tax.
- 100% income and corporate tax exemption for certain logistics services to be offered at the FZs, provided that they are export-oriented.
- 100% exemption from income tax on employees’ wages (for companies that export at least 85% of the FOB value of the goods they produce in the FZs.
- Goods may remain in FZs for an unlimited period.
- Companies are free to transfer profits from FZs abroad as well as to Turkey, without restrictions.
- Exemption from title deed fees when acquiring and selling a property.
- VAT exemption during construction, design, settlement, and approval processes.
- Ready infrastructure exempt from VAT and other taxes.
- Import permit for second-hand used machinery.
Free Trade Zone Company Operating Licence
In order to operate in a Turkish Free Trade Zone, companies need an Operating Licence which is granted by the Regulator mentioned above. The firms which are found appropriate to get an Operating Licence and which intend to rent an open area must sign a rental contract with the Zone Operator, or Founder & Operator. Firms intending to rent a closed area must sign a rental contract with one of the users holding Renting Operating Licence. Upon the submission of a copy of the rental contract approved by the related Zone Directorate to the regulator, an operating license is granted to the applicant.
List of Turkish Free Trade Zones
|FREE ZONES IN TURKEY||DATE OF EST.|
|1||MERSIN FREE ZONE||1985|
|2||ANTALYA FREE ZONE||1985|
|3||AEGEAN FREE ZONE||1987|
|4||ISTANBUL ATATURK AIRPORT FREE ZONE||1990|
|5||TRABZON FREE ZONE||1990|
|6||ISTANBUL THRACE FREE ZONE||1990|
|7||ADANA YUMURTALIK FREE ZONE||1992|
|8||ISTANBUL INDUSTRY & TRADE FREE ZONE||1992|
|9||MARDIN FREE ZONE||1994|
|10||SAMSUN FREE ZONE||1995|
|11||EUROPE FREE ZONE||1996|
|12||RIZE FREE ZONE||1997|
|13||KAYSERI FREE ZONE||1997|
|14||IZMIR FREE ZONE||1997|
|15||GAZIANTEP FREE ZONE||1998|
|16||TUBITAK-MRC FREE ZONE||1999|
|17||DENIZLI FREE ZONE||2000|
|18||BURSA FREE ZONE||2000|
|19||KOCAELI FREE ZONE||2000|
Company Formation in Turkey
Today, clients are faced with unprecedented challenges as new laws and regulations are changing the way the corporate world works. Finlexia Accounting Firm has one of the preeminent corporate governance practices in Turkey, drawing upon the expertise of our corporate, securities, governance, litigation, and compensation specialists to provide our clients with the information and analysis needed to respond to a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
We regularly advise clients with respect to the formation of companies. Our services with respect to company formation include advising and drafting documents in connection with the formation of corporations, limited liability companies, and liaison offices. We provide targeted advice with respect to both the choice of entity and Turkish laws under the entity is to be organized.
Types of Companies in Turkey
Our company formation team is experienced in the formation and governance of;
- Branch Office formation
- Liaison Office formation
- Limited Liability Company formation
- Joint Stock Company formation
- Free Trade Zone Company formation
- Joint Venture formation
in Turkey. We maintain the unsurpassed practice in counseling and representing large and small companies and boards of directors regarding entity formation and corporate governance matters. We advise our public and private clients on all matters concerning the formation of new entities from corporate formalities to tax issues.
We also advise our company clients on a full range of new laws and related matters, as well as other corporate governance rules. Our clients range from small private companies with no internal legal staff to medium size companies with their own internal legal staff. For each of our clients, we tailor our approach to that client’s unique requirements.
Reach us for Free Trade Zone Company Formation in Turkey
Since its foundation, Finlexia Turkish Accounting Firm has been the choice of numerous clients in Turkey. Thanks to its nationally recognized accountants and accounting services, our accounting firm is now one of the leading accounting firms in Istanbul, Turkey. You may reach our accountants and lawyers for Free Trade Zone Company Formation in Turkey by sending an email or filling in Contact Form on the Contact page.