Finlexia is a globally recognized Turkish Accounting Firm with a long record of excellence and professional leadership in Istanbul, Turkey. Our company formation team members are ready to set up a Turkish Liaison Office Formation.
Our Turkish company formation team is also experienced in liaison office formation, branch office formation, free trade zone company formation, joint stock company, limited liability company formation, holding company formation, and company management and governance.
Turkish Liaison Office Formation Details
We Can Form Liaison Office within 3 Weeks
We can set up your liaison office in Turkey within 3 weeks, we have established more than 260 companies for our foreign clients from Spain, UAE, Ukraine, Russia, UK, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, S. Korea, Germany, Italy, Jordan, Vietnam, Poland, France, Pakistan, China, Hong Kong, USA, Malaysia, Iran, Portugal, Norway, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Kuwait.
Please be informed that liaison offices cannot carry out any commercial activities in Turkey. If your company aims to generate sales, then a limited, joint stock company or a branch office are your options for your company.
We Need the Following Documents for Forming Liaison Office in Turkey
The following documents have to be submitted for establishing a liaison office in Turkey:
- The original copy of Certificate of Good Standing (This is a document that is issued by the Chamber of Commerce where the mother company is incorporated. It is stated in this document that the mother company is still active and operating). It must be notarized and apostilled.
- Operational report or balance sheet and income statement of the mother company,
- The original copy of the power of authority is issued to the name of the person who is appointed to carry out the operations of the liaison office (Power of attorney to the Director of Liaison office). It must be notarized and apostilled.
- The original copy of power of attorney to our law firm to carry out the establishment transactions of the liaison office on behalf of the mother company. It must be notarized and apostilled.
- Board Resolution of the mother company. It must be signed by authorized persons in the certificate of activity. It must be notarized and apostilled.
- The representative scanned the passport copy.
- A signature declaration of an Authorized person is also required.
- The application form and commitment letter also need to be signed by the authorized person. (We will send the text) It must be notarized and apostilled.
After an establishment permit is granted by the Directorate General of Foreign Investments, the relevant liaison office in Turkey is supposed to register with the local tax office and send a copy of the tax office registration document to the Directorate General latest within 1 month.
Periodically Informing the Undersecretaries of the Treasury
A liaison office in Turkey is supposed to provide the Directorate General with the following every year latest until the end of May to inform the authority about their activities of previous years:
Data Form for Liaison Office Activities
Documents certifying that the previous year’s expenses of the office have been covered by foreign currency transferred from abroad have to be enclosed as well.
Duration of Operating Permits and the Extensions
Liaison offices in Turkey are granted operation permits for 3 years at most. For extensions, successive extensions of a maximum of 5 years each may be granted by taking into consideration the activities of previous years and plans and objectives for the future.
There is no income tax or any other tax since the liaison office does not generate any income. There is, however, social security tax, if there are employees. Moreover, employees also don’t pay income tax as well.
In Which Fields a Liaison Office can be Formed?
- Representation and Hosting,
- Control, Inspection, and Provision of Suppliers in Turkey with regards to Quality and Standard,
- Technical Support,
- Communication and Transfer of Information, and
- Regional Management Centre
Since its foundation, Finlexia Turkish Accounting Firm has been the choice of numerous clients in Turkey. Thanks to its nationally recognized accountants and accounting services, our accounting firm is now one of the leading accounting firms in Istanbul, Turkey.